St Edmund’s was founded in 1896 by the 15th Duke of Norfolk, and in 1965 became one of the new graduate Colleges. It is set in large, quiet and pleasant grounds close to the University Library and the city centre, whilst enjoying easy access to the University West Cambridge site. The College is totally multidisciplinary, hosting graduate students from most branches of science, arts and the humanities. All graduates are allocated a personal tutor who oversees personal welfare and support. The College is friendly, informal and international in atmosphere. It has musical, law and economics societies, and a strong sporting and recreational reputation . St Edmund’s is also pleased to welcome students wishing to take postgraduate part-time degrees.